Here are the Best Buy credit card approval requirements:
- Credit score: fair for the store card, good for the Visa.
- Age: 18+ years old (21 in Puerto Rico).
- Mailing address. Must be located in the U.S.
- Social Security Number. You need an SSN to apply and can’t substitute an ITIN.
How can I get approved for a Best Buy credit card?
- Method 1 of 2: Applying for a Credit Card Online Meet the minimum qualifications. Before you apply for a Best Buy credit card, you should know in advance that you need to be at least 18 years of age Create a BestBuy.com account. The first step to applying for a store credit card is to go to BestBuy.com and create a Best Buy account. Complete the application. Choose your type of card. More items
- 1 Is Best Buy credit card instant approval?
- 2 Does Best Buy credit card do a hard inquiry?
- 3 Who does Best Buy use for credit check?
- 4 What score do you need for a Best Buy credit card?
- 5 What is the highest credit limit for Best Buy?
- 6 What Bureau does Best Buy pull from?
- 7 Does Best Buy Run credit for credit increase?
- 8 Does Citi give high credit limits?
- 9 Can I use Best Buy credit card anywhere?
- 10 Can I change my Best Buy credit card to a Visa?
- 11 Does Best Buy accept Afterpay?
- 12 Is Best Buy financing hard to get?
- 13 How hard is it to get Best Buy financing?
- 14 Does apply for a credit card hurt your credit?
Is Best Buy credit card instant approval?
You can fill out your Best Buy® Credit Card application online or in store. The same goes for the Best Buy® Store Card. The application is the same either way, and both methods offer the chance for instant approval. It can take up to 14 business days to get a decision in some cases.
Does Best Buy credit card do a hard inquiry?
Yes, the Best Buy Credit Card will do a hard pull. You will need a credit score of at least 640 to get it, which is on par with what most store cards require. A hard pull usually causes an applicant’s credit score to drop by 5-10 points.
Who does Best Buy use for credit check?
Excellent credit (750 and up): You’ll be eligible for all of Citi’s cards with a score in this range, assuming your income and other information check out. Other requirements: It takes more than just a good enough credit score to get Citi credit card approval.
What score do you need for a Best Buy credit card?
You need a 640+ credit score to get approved for the Best Buy® Store Card. That means Best Buy® Store Card requires fair credit or better for approval. There are other things besides your credit score that are taken into account for Best Buy® Store Card approval.
What is the highest credit limit for Best Buy?
The Best Buy® Store Card requires fair credit, and the Best Buy® Credit Card requires good credit. There are reports online of people receiving limits of $7,500 and $2,500 for the Best Buy® Store Card and $2,000 for the Best Buy® Store Card. You shouldn’t expect to get a higher limit with the store card, though.
What Bureau does Best Buy pull from?
Citi uses all three major credit bureaus to evaluate Best Buy Store Card applications. That doesn’t mean it will pull all three of your credit reports, though. Citi will mostly use your Experian report, with Equifax also being quite likely. In rare cases they will pull your TransUnion report instead.
Does Best Buy Run credit for credit increase?
Yes, if you request them to pull your credit in an effort to increase your limit this would most certainly be a hard inquiry.
Does Citi give high credit limits?
The good news is that Citi makes it easy to request a higher credit limit. Even if you’re not approved for the amount you want at first, you may be able to get an immediate increase.
Can I use Best Buy credit card anywhere?
The Best Buy credit card is a form of in-store credit and so can only be used in Best Buy stores and when making purchases online through the Best Buy website. However, Best Buy also offers the Best Buy Mastercard or Visa credit card that can be used anywhere MasterCard-branded cards are accepted.
Can I change my Best Buy credit card to a Visa?
You cannot upgrade your Best Buy Credit Card to the Visa version. If you want the Best Buy Visa card, you’ll have to submit another application. Keep in mind that this could result in a hard pull on your credit, which may lower your score for a short period of time. So make sure you qualify for it.
Does Best Buy accept Afterpay?
No, Best Buy does not accept Afterpay financing for their purchases.
Is Best Buy financing hard to get?
WalletHub, Financial Company Your Best Buy® Credit Card approval odds are pretty good as long as your credit score is at least fair. There are actually two Best Buy credit cards, the Best Buy® Credit Card and the Best Buy® Store Card that you can only use at Best Buy.
How hard is it to get Best Buy financing?
In general, you’ll need a good credit score to be approved for the top Visa card (generally 700-749). Otherwise, you’ll likely need a fair credit score (generally 660-699) to qualify for the standard Best Buy version. Upon application review, some people will be approved instantly.
Does apply for a credit card hurt your credit?
Applying for a credit card and being denied can be frustrating—especially if you’re worried it might impact your credit scores. Instead, applying may lower your credit scores —usually by just a few points, according to credit-scoring company FICO®—because applying for a credit card will trigger a hard inquiry.