In most cases, you’ll need to buy a money order with cash or a debit card. Because issuers want the money in hand before they issue the money order, you cannot pay with a personal check. The only places that let you buy a money order with a credit card are 7-Eleven stores and Western Union.
How do you get a money order with a credit card?
- Western Union and 7-Eleven are currently two places that you can buy a money order with a credit card. Some merchants will allow you to purchase money orders with a debit card, but only when you use a PIN. In a pinch, you can use your credit card to withdraw cash from the ATM and then purchase the money order.
- 1 Can u make a money order with a credit card?
- 2 How can I buy a money order online with a credit card?
- 3 Can you buy a money order at Walmart with a credit card?
- 4 How much does it cost to get a money order with a credit card?
- 5 Does MoneyGram accept credit?
- 6 Can I buy a money order with a credit card at the post office?
- 7 How do you get money off a credit card?
- 8 Can I use my credit card at an ATM?
- 9 Can I purchase a Visa gift Card with a credit card?
- 10 Can I buy Western Union money order with a credit card?
- 11 Does Dollar General do money orders?
- 12 Does 7/11 Do money orders?
- 13 Does Capital One give money orders?
- 14 Does Walmart cash postal money orders?
Can u make a money order with a credit card?
Credit card providers generally allow you to pay for a money order with a credit card, but they typically treat the transaction as a cash advance rather than a regular purchase. You’ll pay a higher interest rate. Most credit cards have a “cash advance APR” that’s higher than the normal purchase APR.
How can I buy a money order online with a credit card?
Money orders must be purchased in person, so you cannot use a credit card to pay for a money order online. If you would like to send money to friends or family online, consider a money transfer app like Venmo or Square Cash (aka the Cash App).
Can you buy a money order at Walmart with a credit card?
Walmart Money Order Payments Credit cards are not accepted as payment for a money order at Walmart. If you need to purchase a money order, you will need cash or a debit card.
How much does it cost to get a money order with a credit card?
Most credit cards charge a cash advance fee of 3% to 5% of the transaction amount with a minimum fee of $5 to $10. On a $1,000 money order, that’s a fee of $30 to $50 on top of the money order fee.
Does MoneyGram accept credit?
What payment methods can I use for sending money online? You can pay for online transfers using a bank account (United States only) or credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard). Card issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply when you use a credit card.
Can I buy a money order with a credit card at the post office?
Cash and debit card are the only acceptable methods of payment (you can’t pay with a credit card). Terms and conditions apply. Visit a post office for more information. Need more details on Postal Money Orders?
How do you get money off a credit card?
How Credit Card Cash Advances Work
- Requesting a cash transfer from your credit card to your bank account.
- Withdrawing cash at an ATM.
- Writing a convenience check to yourself and cashing it at a bank.
Can I use my credit card at an ATM?
Cardholders can use a credit card at nearly any ATM and withdraw cash as they would when using a debit card, but instead of drawing from a bank account, the cash withdrawal shows up as a charge on a credit card. It’s a fairly simple transaction but one that comes with serious downsides and usually significant fees.
Can I purchase a Visa gift Card with a credit card?
You can usually buy gift cards with credit cards, but some stores may have restrictions. Depending on your credit card issuer, you may not earn rewards on these purchases. Yes, you can use credit cards to buy gift cards at most retailers that offer them.
Can I buy Western Union money order with a credit card?
Western Union and 7-Eleven both allow you to buy a money order with a credit card, but that doesn’t mean you should. Since a money order is a cash equivalent, paying for one with a credit card is often treated as a cash advance — which entails steep interest fees.
Does Dollar General do money orders?
No, Dollar General does not sell or cash money orders at any of its 16,000 locations. To initiate a money transfer, customers will need to visit WesternUnion.com or download the app, which allows customers to send and receive funds in-store.
Does 7/11 Do money orders?
7-Eleven. Buying a money order at 7-Eleven will cost you 1-3% of the total amount of the money order – but their fees also depend on the location. There’s a minimum fee of $0.65. 7-Eleven use MoneyGram or Western Union, depending on where the store is located.
Does Capital One give money orders?
Capital One accepts money orders. You will need to go to a Capital One branch and deposit the money order in person. The money should be available in your account the following business day.
Does Walmart cash postal money orders?
Usually, it’s best to cash a money order at the location the sender purchased it. It doesn’t need to be the exact physical location. But if the sender purchased it at a Walmart, you may want to go to a Walmart to cash it. Cashing a USPS money order at a USPS branch also tends to be free.